Grade Levels K - 3
Realize significant gains in students’ fluency with only 10–15 minutes of daily instruction Fluency First!
provides fluency instruction for an entire year and only requires about 10–15 minutes per day of whole-class or group instruction to realize gains in reading fluency. It utilizes a wide variety of fiction and nonfiction text selections to help your students read accurately, and automatically, with meaningful expression and good comprehension. Program authors and Kent State University professors Dr. Timothy Rasinski and Dr. Nancy Padak based Fluency First!
on the Fluency Development Lesson (FDL), cited by the Report of the National Reading Panel, 2000, as an effective instructional model.
The Fluency First! program is based on seven principles:
- Modeling fluent reading for students
- Directing instruction and feedback in fluency
- Providing support for the reader
- Repeating readings of one text
- Cueing phrase boundaries in texts
- Providing students with authentic, engaging, and grade-appropriate selections for reading that lend themselves to repeated readings and performance
- Providing teachers with a variety of supplemental activities to promote students’ word recognition and comprehension
Items with a ‡
before the title are only available for educators.
If you have an existing account, please Login
now to view availability and prices of these products. If you are a new customer, you will be prompted to create an account as part of the check-out process.
ALL PRICES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE
All prices on this site are for U.S. customers only.